We promote our own British Values and celebrate many varied traditions and festivals throughout our school year.
Throughout all aspects of school life we strive to:
“Actively promote the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs”, (as required by the Education Regulations 2014 for the new social, moral, spiritual and cultural (SMSC) standard which came into force on 29 September 2014).
At Hadrian School we promote values which:
- Enable our pupils to develop their self-knowledge, self-esteem and self-confidence
- Enable our pupils to distinguish right from wrong
- Encourage our pupils to accept responsibility for their behaviour, show initiative and understand how they can contribute positively to the lives of those living and working in the locality in which the school is situated and to society more widely
- Enable our pupils to acquire an appreciation of and respect for their own and other cultures
- Encourage respect for other people.