The Compass Trust
Hadrian School became a foundation school within a charitable trust in September2013.
Since then there have been a number of changes to the make up of the Trust. Currently the Trust is comprised of two foundation special schools within the city of Newcastle, ourselves and Sir Charles Parsons, with Newcastle City Council being the other key partner.
To find out more about our partner school please click this link: Sir Charles Parsons
The Trust works to support the schools by formalising partnership working for the benefit of all the schools, their pupils, students and families, and ensures that partners are committed to the success of each school for the long term, helping to shape their strategic vision and ethos. The Trust also holds the lands and assets on trust for the schools. In common with other Foundation Schools, staff are employed by the Governing Body
The Trust’s vision for its schools, their pupils, students and families is set out below.
Newcastle Special Schools Trust
(The Compass Trust)
Setting the direction for specialist education
Through collaboration, innovation and challenge the Trust will:
· improve the educational experience and achievements of its pupils,
· advocate on behalf of its pupils, their parents and carers, to develop and improve the quality of services they are offered or may require,
· work in partnership with other agencies to improve the continuity and provision of services both across the Trust and the wider education, social care and health communities,
· promote the efficient, effective and creative use of its partnership resources,
· provide a framework for challenge across its schools
The current Trust members will in time, seek to attract additional partners from higher education institutions, local and national businesses and charitable organisations to help support and challenge it to meet its aims and achieve its vision.