Volunteering at Hadrian School
Thanks for your interest in volunteering at Hadrian School. With the school growing so fast and now having 19 classes and 170 children it’s very busy every day.
We are looking for volunteers to help in school on a regular basis across all year groups to assist with activities such as swimming, working on the trampolines delivering therapies, assisting in the classroom, helping to supervise children playing outside, arts and crafts, school trips and lots of other activities.
If you could commit to a regular day/time each week this would be so helpful to the classes. It’s important that volunteers are committed to coming into school, as the Teachers will plan activities on the basis that there will be volunteers in class.
If you could spare a day or half day or even more time in your week to help in school we would be very grateful.
There is a procedure to follow in terms of starting with us.
- Complete a Volunteer Application Form
- Return your form to David Palmer – Business Manager. David will review the form and will then get in touch with you about your availability and your DBS check.
- Complete a DBS check unless you already have a recent check or a DBS with the online update service (if you do have either of these you can start with us sooner).
- If school have to process a DBS for you, once your DBS is complete you can start in school.
- David will be in touch to let you know which class you will be working and to arrange a start date.
Please see below a Volunteer Application Form. Please return the form to email@example.com, or alternatively to can send your form into school as a hardcopy.
If you have any questions or queries please call David Palmer or Chris Rollings 0191 273 4440.
Please see below a Volunteer/Student Handbook which will give your more information about your role in school.
Please click here to download the Volunteer Application form